Saturday, October 22, 2011

Commendable links from the neighborhood

In September, I started a new job running a middle school after school program, and thus have been running at 100 mph since! Now that it's been two months, I am finally catching my breath and am ready for my life to enter a much more stable level of sanity.

I miss blogging and am excited to get back into the pattern of taking the time to document all the commendable things I see in the wonderful world of education.  A couple commendable stories from my neighborhood this month:

Students take initiative to curb drunk driving and receive national Red Ribbon recognition.  This article gives me a smidgen of personal pride, since this is my neighborhood high school.

Beaverton teenager talks science and technology with President Obama

When budget cuts are made, students fill in the gaps in North Portland

Community comes together to serve hundred of local residents with free medical & dental care 
This video give a beautiful picture of what happened on October 8th :




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...